What you can access in ESS
Depending on your employee group, you will see at least one of the following when logged into ESS:
- Pay & Benefits Information
- Personal Information
- Vacation Information
Contact your business officer or HR Divisional Office for more information.
Signing into ESS for the first time
ESS is not supported on mobile devices and works best in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Popup blockers must be disabled.
Before logging in:
- Make sure that your UTORid is active prior to using ESS
- Go to the Employee Self-Service (ESS) homepage
- Enter your UTORid and password (the same password you use to log in to your UToronto webmail)
- When prompted, provide the following information:
- The last four digits of your social insurance number (SIN)
- Your date of birth (in the format DD/MM/YYYY)
- Your employee personnel number (Don’t know your number? Contact your HR Divisional office)
- When prompted, select questions and answers for authentication
After you sign in:
Once you have logged in, you will see the ESS Welcome landing page.
This page provides information on upcoming planned down times, help desk information, and important alerts for system users.
Accessing ESS services:
To access your eligible services, select My HR Self-Service in the top left menu.